1. Addiction is not something we can simply take care of by applying the proper remedy. For it is in the very nature of addiction to feed on our attempts to master it.
2. Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.
3. Addiction is a tough illness, and recovery from it is a hard but noble path. Men and women who walk that path deserve our support, encouragement, and admiration.
4. No one is immune from addiction; it afflicts people of all ages, races, classes, and professions.
—Patrick J. Kennedy
5. All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.
6. To be alive is to be addicted, and to be alive and addicted is to stand in need of grace.