1. The divine light which you carry within your soul is inherited from God because you are His daughter. Part of the light which makes you so magnificent is the blessing of womanhood.
—Margaret D. Nadauld
2. What women really want is opportunity and the freedom to love and accept all aspects of womanhood—the intellectual, spiritual, professional, biological and relational dimensions of who we are.
3. Anything may happen when womanhood has ceased to be a protected occupation.
4. Blessed be she who is both furious and magnificent.
5. The world has enough women who know how to be smart. It needs women who are willing to be simple. The world has enough women who know how to be brilliant. It needs some who will be brave. The world has enough women who are popular. It needs more who are pure. We need women, and men, too, who would rather be morally right than socially correct.
6. This business of womanhood is a heavy burden.
7. What a beautiful woman. She moved with grace, she was entirely feminine, and yet, she possessed incredible inner strength. She’s a survivor.
8. Every woman who appears wrestles with the forces that would have her disappear. She struggles with the forces that would tell her story for her, or write her out of the story, the genealogy, the rights of man, the rule of law. The ability to tell your own story, in words or images, is already a victory, already a revolt.
9. Women’s work is never easy, never clean.
10. Femininity is part of the God-given divinity within each of you. It is your incomparable power and influence to do good. You can, through your supernal gifts, bless the lives of children, women, and men. Be proud of your womanhood. Enhance it. Use it to serve others.
—James E. Faust