1. If your emotional abilities aren’t in hand, if you don’t have self-awareness, if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions, if you can’t have empathy and have effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far.
2. Every human has four endowments; self-awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom. The power to choose, to respond, to change.
3. What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself.
4. The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.
—Carl R. Rogers
5. Without self-awareness we are as babies in the cradles.
6. Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong, good or bad.
7. Self-awareness is not just relaxation and not just meditation. It must combine relaxation with activity and dynamism. Technology can aid that.
8. Self-awareness is one of the rarest of human commodities. I don’t mean self consciousness where you’re limiting and evaluating yourself. I mean being aware of your own patterns.
9. Self-awareness gives you the capacity to learn from your mistakes as well as your successes. It enables you to keep growing.
10. When I discover who I am, I’ll be free.