1. Empathy is a skill like any other human skill. If you get a chance to practice, you can get better at it.
—Simon Baron Cohen
2. Empathy grows as we learn.
3. Empathy is seeing with the eyes of another, listening with the ears of another and feeling with the heart of another.
4. I think we all have empathy. We may not have enough courage to display it.
5. Whenever you feel like criticizing any one…just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.
—F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Empathy is the ability to step outside of your own bubble and into the bubbles of other people.
7. Empathy requires knowing that you know nothing.
8. No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
9. The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy, we can all sense a mysterious connection to each other.
10. There is no greater loan than a sympathetic ear.