There are many theories and models available to inform us what makes a good marriage. Many talk about trust, honesty, faithfulness and effective communication skills. All of these factors are relevant and are essential elements of a good relationship. . . 614 more words
1. Communication is everyone’s panacea for everything.
2. Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.
3. To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.
4. Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.
—Anne Morrow Lindbergh
5. As long as there is communication, everything can be solved.
6. Honest communication is built on truth and integrity and upon respect of the one for the other.
—Benjamin E. Mays
7. It sounds so trite but in relationships, you have to communicate.
8. Lack of communication is the key to any successful relationship going wrong.
9. If what is communicated is false, it can hardly be called communication.
—Benjamin E. Mays
10. The speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue.
—Edward R. Murrow
11. A man has a property in his opinions and the free communication of them.
12. Without a possibility of change in meanings, human communication could not perform its present functions.
—Kenneth L. Pike
13. Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfillment.
—Pearl S. Buck
14. Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can’t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.
15. Civilization grew in the beginning from the minute that we had communication …
16. Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.
—Paul J. Meyer
17. Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.
18. First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak.
19. Words of comfort, skillfully administered, are the oldest therapy known to man.
20. When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective.
—Stephen R. Covey