1. Grief is so human, and it hits everyone at one point or another, at least, in their lives. If you love, you will grieve, and that’s just given.
—Kay Redfield Jamison
2. Grief can’t be shared. Everyone carries it alone. His own burden in his own way.
—Anne Morrow Lindbergh
3. Grief is the price we pay for love.
—Queen Elizabeth II
4. Everyone can master a grief but he that has it.
5. The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to.
—Elizabeth Kubler-Ross & David Kessler