Here’s the dictionary definition of frustration: “The feeling of being upset or annoyed, especially because of an inability to change or achieve something.” Sound familiar? It sure does to me, especially in the context of health. But you can change the fact that you live with chronic pain and illness every day. I know, I […]
1. Addiction is not something we can simply take care of by applying the proper remedy. For it is in the very nature of addiction to feed on our attempts to master it.
2. Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.
3. Addiction is a tough illness, and recovery from it is a hard but noble path. Men and women who walk that path deserve our support, encouragement, and admiration.
4. No one is immune from addiction; it afflicts people of all ages, races, classes, and professions.
—Patrick J. Kennedy
5. All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.
6. To be alive is to be addicted, and to be alive and addicted is to stand in need of grace.
Ever find yourself in the most perfect or seemingly perfect moment? You just want things to stay that way, right? Well, as a human, you probably have already discovered that very few things are static or unchanging. Most of us, especially the most successful, have learned how to adapt to our new circumstances. [. . .]