1. Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.
2. The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.
3. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
4. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.
5. The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved—loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
6. We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
7. The excesses of love soon pass, but its insufficiencies torment us forever.
8. The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.
—Gilbert K. Chesterton
9. Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
10. The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.
11. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.
12. The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.
—Hubert H. Humphrey